Live blogging from the Net Gain 2015 conference in Toronto, Canada. Any errors or bad jokes are my own.
Wake Up or Die. Research Automation – The Future of Market Research
Corinne Sandler, CEO of Fresh Intelligence
- No war in the world has ever been won without intelligence
- we are needed more and more as competition among brands intensifies
- Where is market research on the Montclare SaaS250 list? Salesforce is the closest one.
- We need to think outside the fishbowl
- We play a consultative role, we see a brief that goes from analyst to director and we consult all along the way. What if the brains were integrated into technology.
- We need to move from consulting on research to dispensing research.
- Progress depends on the unreasonable man – George Bernard Shaw
- Intelligence needs to be accessible to the world
- You have only two choices today – you can use a third party or you can do it yourself
- What about combining brains with an automated component, fully automated turn-key platform with consultants
- Buyers of research have specific needs, and automation suits those needs well. Quality is a cost of entry, must believe that is what consumer is truly saying, need to rely on that right data.
- Buyers need to prove value of every dollar they spend. Priorities don’t always allow them to share the wealth among several brands.
- These methods allow you to do all the work without reveal proprietary information
- For instance, what if you told the provider 5 brand names, and the system automatically plugged them into a pre-programmed survey with pre-programmed charts.
- How do you create an app that adds value for toilet paper, because EVERYONE has an app. “Charmin Sit or Squat App” – tells you where the closest washroom is and how clean it is. [My mom would LOVE THIS!]
- 90% of our decisions are based on intuition