In quite a few presentations over the last few days I’ve heard people make claims like
– my regression showed that women are more likely to…
– my factor analysis showed there are three groups…
Big problem. Tests prove nothing. Statistical tests give you an idea of the likelihood a bunch of numbers have a distribution due to chance. That’s it. Numbers. Pretty numbers.
The interpretation you make of the numbers, well that’s a completely different story. Everyone will interpret data just a little bit differently. Significant or not.
- Should a panel be representative of the population?
- Humanizing surveys: Why did you screen me out after I told you my age?
- Economy or Healthcare: What matters most to Americans today?
- What is Vue magazine? Find every article here!