Live blogging from the MRIA/CMA #CMACX customer experience conference in Toronto. Any errors or bad jokes are my own.
The Toughness Of Soft Skills
Steven Tramposch, VP Consumer and Marketing Intelligence, Heineken USA
- 3rd largest brewer in the world, #1 in Europe, operate in 71 countries
- How do transform a bar/restaurant beer to a home/house company
- Applied marketing to the market research function, needed to change the market research function
- System 1 and System 2 – facts and feelings
- It’s not enough to be right. There are feelings, history, relationships and more that we need to tap into.
- Need to know “What’s in it for me”, the customer
- rebranded as consumer market intelligence, global function
- Sought one definition of market share, etc measurements globally – one version of the truth
- Created a video to put the consumer at the center, celebrate the world of Heineken
- Created a logo for their department
- Created a tagline for their department – we know, we share, we inspire
- Think of the research department as the co-pilot. Need to make sure we share the important messages with the right people. Constantly air the key points.
- Peanut Labs Ask-Me-Anything with special guest Tom Ewing
- Peanut Labs Ask-Me-Anything with special guest Kristin Luck
- Behavioural Economics Can Finally Explain Human Behaviour
- Short answer lists inflate endorsement rates
- Precise or Casual: Which answer options work better?