Live blogging from the MRIA/CMA #CMACX customer experience conference in Toronto. Any errors or bad jokes are my own.
Rethinking Mobile, Social And Video, B. Bonin Bough, Vice President, Global Media and Consumer Engagment, Mondelēz International
- “all media is digital”
- media is more than simple awareness, media is more than the media you are using today
- soap operas did indeed come from CPG companies creating media to sell soap
- we are the most distracted society in human history “multi-task”
- 7 billion people on earth, 5.1 billion own a phone, 4.2 billion own a toothbrush
- iphone took 2 years for widespread adoption compared to radio and tv that took 50 years
- “Getting to 10” want to spend 10% on mobile – aspiration with allocation is meaningless
- Video equivalency – we are consuming more video on smaller devices, didn’t have strategies to gain back this reach
- Social TV – content consumption is up but engagement is down and it’s because of the phone, commercials mean it’s time to text and email, we no longer tacitly hear the messages any more
- Mobile impulse – one device you have during the entire journey
- Loyalty – retailer no longer owns the loyalty relationship, the device owns the path to a relationship
- allow consumers to clip and share
- Colbert and the wheat thins sponsortunity – Colbert decided to just read the “how we view our brand” on air
- Created 6 second vines in front of every video spot. Used Vine celebrities. Created 22 every day for Trident Layers. Got millions of views every day. They had the #1 branded Vine. Created increased purchase intent.
- “Twist Lick and Dump” game for Oreos. 4 million downloads, 2 billion oreos dunked, #1 app in 12 countries, 1000 years spent playing the game, 250000 active users, 5 major awards won. Can direct message them and drive to purchase. The game cost about $100 000
- You can create a start-up feel within a big company – intra-preneurs
- The best way to predict the future is to hack it [hell ya]
- Peanut Labs Ask-Me-Anything with special guest Tom Ewing
- Peanut Labs Ask-Me-Anything with special guest Kristin Luck
- Behavioural Economics Can Finally Explain Human Behaviour
- Short answer lists inflate endorsement rates
- Precise or Casual: Which answer options work better?