Welcome to this series of live blogs from the Market Research in the Mobile World Conference in Cincinnati. With so many sessions, I’m only blogging about a few sessions each day. All posts appear within minutes after the speaker has finished. Any errors, omissions, or silly side comments are my own. I’ll also be providing end of day summary blog posts for Esomar so keep your eyes peeled for those as well.
Michael Winnick Dscout: Keeping it Real
- Tag lines they have considered – For real, get real, reality bytes, keeping it real since 2011
- Mobile lets you go contextual
- Nomenclature of respondents, participants, subjects is disengaging. In dscout, people are called scouts. “Scouts” share “snippets.” Projects are called “missions.”
- Simplicity and constraint is one of the best design tools.
- Snippets are small and analyzable.
- If you ask people to do boring research, you will get boring data back.
- Earlier missions should use a wide lens
Philip McNaughton Face: Cocreation – Inverting the research and innovation process
- Regardless of your industry, now you’re competing with technology companies (e.g., google, facebook)
- It’s the end of monolithic brands, no more ivory tower
- Do things WITH people, not AT people
- Link passive and active data sources to link the story
- Stop thinking only about product/concept development. Try equity, communciation, service, content, activation
- Why it matters: Life is full of surprises and cocreation can help you find them
- Why it matters: The old style is like fossil fuels and the new style is like renewable data sources
- Business Value Through Smarter Research #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Emotions and Client Priorities #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- What Market Research in the Mobile World means to me #MRX #MRMW (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Google surveys, and oh, some other people too #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Mobile Perspectives: Africa, Privacy, ROI, and Beyond #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Mixing up your survey data for better results #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Seems we’re fearful of establishing global benchmarks for mobile research #MRMW #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)