Oh yes, I’ve heard it all. Having been in the deep end of social media research for several years now, I’ve heard every possible complaint about social media listening research that exists.
Below are just ten of the more popular complaints. Over the coming weeks, I’ll address each one individually in terms of whether it’s true or false, and how we can resolve the problem if there is one.
- There is no demographic data
- It’s not a representative sample
- It doesn’t measure awareness or incidence
- It provides no insight
- It doesn’t do anything better than what I’m already doing
- It’s not accurate
- It doesn’t have data on anything I’m interested in
- It’s too expensive
- It’s too complicated
- It doesn’t do laundry
Have you got any others to add to the list? I challenge you to name a complaint I haven’t heard before. Go!
- Banish average scores! #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- This is my blog. This is my blog on spam. #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- The Lowly Forgotten Neutral Score #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)