Actionability. One of the best buzzwords we have at our disposable. So many research projects are lacking in so much actionability, and while there may not be an app for that,there certainly is a cure for that. Here’s the two step cure:
- Start every research project with a specific research objective. Not “see what you can find” but rather “which colour do consumers prefer.”
- Use your creative brain. Every single answer to a specific research objective is screaming an actionable outcome at you. If your data says consumers hate the colour black – Don’t use black! If your data says something is too salty – Put less salt!
In so many cases, complaints about the lack of actionable results simply come back to the failure to apply a creative brain to data. So get the creative juices flowing and you’ll see, yes, it IS that easy.
- No Virginia, there are no insights #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- The Failure of the Story Paradigm #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Y U No Have Research Objective? #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)