Everyone’s mom drills the family rules into every kid’s brain. These are the rules that I learned. Hopefully, you learned some of them too!
- Be silly.
- Try everything.
- Only buy things on sale.
- No matter what you think or what anyone says, you can do it.
- Kids are never too young to clean their own room, wash dishes, clean the bathroom, do the vacuuming, learn to cook, and otherwise contribute to the functioning of a family and household.
- Kids are never too young to say please and thank you, and will learn to respect others if you teach them.
- There is no reason to raise your voice. If you want to talk to someone, go talk to them.
- You’ll eat what’s in front of you and if you don’t, you’ll eat it tomorrow for breakfast.
- Old is a state of mind, not a state of being.