Learn to Love about Blogging and Twittering: A MRIA Workshop
St Andrews Club and Conference Centre, Toronto, ON
Tuesday Jan 24, 2012
8:30-9:00am – Includes continental breakfast
9am-Noon – Workshop with coffee/tea and break snacks
To become familiar with the art of blogging and tweeting so that you can actively participate in and benefit from the social media space
Who will benefit?
This workshop will benefit those who are thinking of writing a blog and learning how to tweet. These are quickly becoming social media requirements for establishing a prominent presence and promoting yourself, your product, your service or company.
- the basics of starting to tweet and blog
- the different types of twitter clients and blogs
- the tricks, shortcuts and tips about tweeting and blogging
- the language, including hashtags, 140, bit.ly, RSS
- tweetdeck, socialoomph, Klout, RSS and other third
party plugins and apps
- the multi-interaction with Twitter via your cell, rss feeds, email
- promoting your blogs and getting yourself tweeted and retweeted
- what works and what does not work in being successful tweeters and bloggers
Annie Pettit is VP, Research Standards at Research Now and Chief Research Officer at Conversition, an e-Rewards company. She is the author of two blogs, Lovestats and the Conversition blog. She is an active tweeter @lovestats in the market research arena and also with her sugar and spice passion (@LoveStats/sugar-and-spice). Check out the Sugar and Spice Online News Daily. She is a frequent speaker at MR conferences, has over 5000 followers, and has tweeted 13,500 times! She is highlighted on the front cover of the October 2011 issue of VUE and wrote an article inside entitled “You know more than you think!”
This is a highly interactive workshop and spaces are limited to 50 seats. You must bring your own laptop and be prepared to tweet.
MCP points: 10