Live blogs by @LoveStats! This is a session summary from The Market Research Event by IIR in Orlando, Florida, November 2011. It was posted mere minutes after completion of the talk. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side remarks are also my own. Feel free to leave comments and critiques. *** ***
Get Stimulated! Unleashing your capacity to innovate. Andrew Pek, Get Stimulated.
- How we generate more value and success for others? How do we break free from barriers that encourage creativity? How do we prevent ourselves from becoming Zombies?
- What is innovation? It is unique to others, becomes widely
embraced, and becomes commercially and socially relevant.
- Innovative mindset is…ability to perceive and adapt to change in unique and relevant ways
- Why did Easter Island society become extinct? What were they thinking when they cut down the last tree on easter island?
- Be fully aware and conscious of choices you make.
- Why so hard to cultivate innovation? Everyone has potential to generate huge success for self and organization.
- We are conditioned to see objects as we normally see them. (Look for candle problem on internet)
- We get overwhelmed, we’re always fighting fires
- What state of mind is required? Be conscious of these states.
- DIVERGE and DETACH – we converge before we diverge. we always fall in love with first idea and lose out on other opportunities.
- [we have a task to write down every emotion we’re having right now – puzzled, want more coke, tired, eyes hurting, like my new bracelets, awkward sitting position, feeling cold, wanna go home]
- [told to crumple up the paper we wrote all that on. throw them at the presenter now 🙂 ]
- We hurry from one meeting to another, kids to pick up, flight to catch, all this worries us…. now come up with creative ideas that generate millions of dollars by friday
- we must detach and be present with task at hand. easy in theory, hard to do. so try that creative activity.
- ENGAGE and ENTRAIN creative process – are there people in the room who take away energy?
- [asked to close eyes and listen to three sets of music – spoken word, harpsichord, organ/rock – thank you for the eye rest 🙂 ]
- Monotone makes you fall asleep, it’s just noise.
- everyone is talented good at their craft, but together, they don’t know what is expected. How can you model teamwork, engagement, to create a new wonderful sound?
- INSPIRE – In india, 4 billion people earn less then $2 per day. how do you provide transportation to them? Performance vs Price. Nano car has both, $2000 car. It is as big as a bike. Elevated people’s self esteem.
- WOW and WAVE – goal is to achieve wow, bold ideas. activities should be fun. YOU bring or take the energy into or out of the room. [second time we’ve done the wave today]
- No way? Way! The LoveStats Book!
- Like A Survey: You already know social media research by Conversition
- Beyond Ethnography by Paulette Kish
- Art of Choosing By Sheena Iyengar
- A Discussion with Coca-Cola by Diane Hessan and Stan Sthanunathan (Read!)
- My Tobii demo, I FINALLY get to try eyetracking!