This is a live blog posting from the Esomar 3D conference in Miami. Written, summarized, and posted just minutes after the speaker has finished. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side-notes are mine as well.
INTERACTIVE TRACK VOLUME TWO – THE RESULTS
Play, interpret together, play again and create a win-win-win!
A 21st century research experience picturing the lives of ‘cool’ digital natives in ‘hot’ cities
Tom De Ruyck, Elias Veris & Joeri Van der Bergh, InSites Consulting, Belgium
- Part 1:
- 6 weeks, 100 young folk, 15 cities
- What/who is generation Y? Stimulation junkies! How can you get them on a community for so long? We need to market our research to our consumers, make it an experience they can contribute to.
- Let them meet other cool kids around the world to create identify new trends.
- At every new level of the game, they got something new – new information, new features in the community (see a blog post, moderate a session). Have them compete with other group members.
- Can you turn research results into a game? Realize what you should improve in terms of your knowledge? Make them more impactful.
- Part 2:
- Play, interpret together, play again, and create a win
- Can you turn research results into a game? Try it.
- Can researchers beat Gen Y? Which has the most insights and the most unique insights?
- We’re voting by glowsticks. The researchers lost for number of insights and number of unique insights. The crowd won. But, two pairs of eyes are better than one. [We need more glowstick voting!]
- Getting people involved makes you open to learning new things. Infotainment is a good thing.
- Digital Trends by Dominic Harrison #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Keynote by Philip Sheldrake #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- A Decade of Netnography #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Why Women Rule the Web, Yahoo and TNS #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- How Far is Too Far by Bernie Malinoff #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- The Researchification of Games by Peter Harrison #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Esomar 3D Day 1 Summary (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Why You’re Not Learning What You Should by Sean Bruich, Facebook #Eso3D #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Facial Imaging #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)