This is a live blog posting from the Esomar 3D conference in Miami. Written, summarized, and posted just minutes after the speaker has finished. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side-notes are mine as well.
- We really want latent knowledge from what people know, feel, and dream. Put the person in the center of the design innovation process.
- Showed a fun video of people videotaping their lives with great music from sesame street, the song is below but the real video, you’ll have to get from Isabella. Where does the song come from? Say menu as mehnah 🙂
- Participants are researchers guided by a community manager
- Community manager triggers the action, keeps the flames on the fire
- Trigger natural curiosity and people are much more likely to commit their creativity in answering you
- They send physical packages to their homes with the challenge inside. they included materials to help, paper, cards.
- Shaving isn’t all that sexy when you’re 15 and have 3 hairs. 🙂
- They had kids NOT use a bodycare product for three days – acne care, perfume, etc. They felt like a part of their identify was lost. Not all could complete the task.
- Forget segmentation, use personas to retain cultural differences and similarities
- Forget reports, go for experience flows – visually communicate the results. Layout lots of pictures in order, in flowchart style. Create it together and embrace the results together.
- Forget written insight and go for experience scenarios. One picture with multiple components, each reflecting a different aspect of the experience.
- End video – song written by the participants with guitar, percussion, vocal harmonies all about menumenu community. THIS is creativity!
- The Researchification of Games by Peter Harrison #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Why Women Rule the Web, Yahoo and TNS #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Keynote by Philip Sheldrake #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Digital Trends by Dominic Harrison #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- How Far is Too Far by Bernie Malinoff #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Why You’re Not Learning What You Should by Sean Bruich, Facebook #Eso3D #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- A Decade of Netnography #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Facial Imaging #Eso3D #esomar (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Esomar 3D Day 1 Summary (lovestats.wordpress.com)