This is a live blog posting from the Esomar 3D conference in Miami. Written, summarized, and posted just minutes after the speaker has finished. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side-notes are mine as well.
- Women do more social, email, and shopping online than men but social is half of all online time, particularly in latin america. includes text messaging and pictures.
- [Why do market researchers use chart junk? we know better right?]
- Women make 85% of all brand decisions [Yikes! Did you know that?]
- Connectonomics = needs, channels, receptivity [Have we just discovered the next buzzword? I think we’ll have lots of choose from after today! ]
- Quant + focus groups + phone interviews of thousands of women [How’s that for multi-mode! jealous?]
- Women want repair and healing, mutual sharing, release and escape, improve myself, affectionate closeness, care of self. [um… where’s chocolate?]
- Women have complex online lives. They’re posting comments, social networking, emailing, reviewing sites, blogging, and more. [I’m guessing men don’t do these things or it’s not complex. Poor men.]
- Women are taking what they find online and sharing it IRL [That means In Real Life as in “IRL, Annie is much taller than I thought]
- Women are connecting online 3 hours more per month than men. Women want personal growth with their online communications. Women use multiple channels to connect and share.
- Digital CMO Series: Tony Marlow, Yahoo! and Brian Cooper, TNS (compete.com)
- 9 Tips for Building a Great Twitter Hashtag (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Ethical Framework for SMR, Panel #SoMeMR #MRX #li (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Finn Raben: Privacy and Ethics Panel #MRIA2011 (lovestats.wordpress.com)