This is a live blog posting from the Esomar 3D conference in Miami. Written, summarized, and posted just minutes after the speaker has finished. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side-notes are mine as well.
- 95% of surveys are boring, basic. [yeah baby!]
- Matrix questions are still horrid. [yeah baby!]
- Just because you have flash, just mean you should use it [Bernie, are you reading my mind?]
- How do you choose the right eye candy from the all you can eat buffet?
- Want to decrease straightlining? Basic surveys 9%, flash survey 6%, game method 0%.
- Want to increase time on page? Maybe you just need a more visually engaging page with brand logos.
- Data changes massively if you change the interface. [Remember offline to online? Phone to online?]
- Flash makes it 20% longer, game makes it 70% longer. ho much is too much? [I’ll answer anything for every if you provide the sugar!]
- Norms are the fortress, an important part of client relationship [What made norms perfect? Maybe they’re based on bad surveys with straightlining and random responding]
- Can creativity and scalability coexist? I love lucy says maybe not…. Better fast cheaper often conflict with creativity