16.00 Harnessing the power of social media, bridging the gap between brands and consumers
- How to harness the power of social media platforms for research
- Best practice for recruiting and retaining customers to an online community
- How to get the most out of your online panel community and show ROI
- The power of the panel community compared to other research methodologies
Rachel Adams, Marketing Director, Toluna
Mark Hallums, Director of Product Technology, Toluna
- [Harness the power! I’m already having fun.🙂 ]
- “Bring back Wispa” campaign caused Cadbury to bring back a brand. [I bought one. Watch for my chocolate bar rating blog post.]
- Gap logo was changed, and then changed back due to social media chatter. Gap admitted they failed to engage the online community to redo the logo correctly.
- Dell IdeaStorm was an online commuity of 12 000 members, 84 000 comments, 900 000 votes, 1-5% of ideas were usable. Research, sales, marketing teams all used the data.
- They have a research social network which was a challenge to low response rates and recruitment challenges. Aimed to increase engagement with memers. Included profiles, polls, results, rating and following, external polls to twitter or facebook.
- Benefits to brands – brand advocacy, co-creation, pre-screen customers, engaged product testers, reduce new product development cycle
- Panel allows for DIY online surveys, up to 15 questions, launched immediately, with real-time results [Not gen pop but we know how to handle that]
- [What I’ve learned – always describe the brand you’re talking about because there will be people in your audience who don’t know what it is. i am missing ALL the jokes today.🙂 ]
- Next – Turn facebook fans into fully profiled respondents, facebook likes don’t come with demographic profiles, use the opt-in process
- Community Approach by Bester and Dunn, #SoMeMR #li #mrx (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- No way? Way! The LoveStats Book! #MRX (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Brand Together by Meyassed and Koch, #SoMeMR #MRX #li (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Will Communities Kill the 6 Group Project by Nick Priestley #SoMeMR #li #mrx (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Ethical Framework for SMR, Panel #SoMeMR #MRX #li (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Mum knows best by Child and Boreham, #SoMeMR #li #mrx (lovestats.wordpress.com)
- Mumsnet Engagement #SoMeMR #li #mrx (lovestats.wordpress.com)