Twitter is fun, informative, and educational. But it can be more. Here are a few easy ways to use Twitter for good, particularly when you’re on public transit and having nothing else to do anyways.
- Search for students needing survey response completes and answer their surveys. Search out tweets that say “survey” and “class” and you’ll find them soon enough.
- Retweet links from students who need survey completes.
- Give encouragement to students in your field by searching out tweets that have words like “statistics” and “exam.” Give them a good old fashioned Good Luck tweet.
- Retweet relevant job ads, particularly when it’s at a company you respect or from a person you admire.
- Retweet Amber Alerts even if you think it’s a hoax (missing child)
- FollowFriday your favorite charities. In fact, FollowFriday them even if it isn’t Friday.
- When companies offer to make a charitable donation for a retweet, do a retweet.
What other ideas do you have? I’d love to hear them!