I’m a market research methodologist who specializes in social media research, survey design and analysis, and data quality. I speak, blog, and author articles about social media, social media research, statistics, charts, data quality, and basic research topics. I think research should be fun and interesting, instead of a dreaded, tangle of numbers and charts that don’t make any sense. I say things about research that other people are thinking but can’t always put into words. I take my work very seriously but I also make sure it comes with a large dose of reality and small dose of humour.
I also tweet at @LoveStats. This ranking of market researchers and analystics is proof that either people are interested in some of the things I have to say or I simply tweet far too much.
- Conversition, Chief Research Officer. Our flagship social media listening research product, called Evolisten, was built by researchers for researchers.
- Research Now, Vice President, Research Standards
- Starting October 2012, Editor in Chief of Vue Magazine, MRIA
- York University, PhD, Psychology, 1999; Studied the data quality of online surveys and the generalizability of results from non-random samples.
- University of Guelph, BA, Psychology, 1993; Studied the psychometric properties of personality tests
- 2012 The ListenLady (a social media research novel)
- 2011 Alert!, Vue, Quirks, AMA;
- 2010 Social Media Research, Alert!, Sampling, Quirks;
- 2009 Twesearch, Alert!, Esomar Conference summary, Research Live;
- 2008: Online survey data quality, Vue Magazine;
- 2003: Online Survey Response Rates, Comparing On-line and Off-line Results, Imprints;
- 2002: Best Practices for Online Research, Imprints;
- 2001: Comparison of WWW and Paper-and-Pencil Questionnaires, Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers (refereed);
- 1999: World Wide Web as a Data Collection Tool, Computers in Human Behaviour (refereed)
- 2013 AMSRS (upcoming)
- 2012 Netgain workshop, MRIA lunch and learn, CASRO management, ESOMAR Best Of, MRMW, QRCA (upcoming)
- 2011 ESOMAR 3D, Research Live SMR, IIR, MRA, MRIA, MRA Webinar, Netgain5;
- 2010 Social Media Research, MRIA, Netgain, MRA, ARF, ASTM, CASRO;
- 2009 Cell Phone Research, PeanutLabs webinar; CASRO Social Networks in market research, Online data quality;
- 2008 CASRO, IIR, MRA – Data Quality;
- 2007 MRIA NetGain – Right Tools for the Right Job; IIR – Identifying Poor Quality Respondents in Online Research ; 2004 CMA – Writing Quality Online Surveys;
- 1997, 2001 CPA – Creating Online Surveys, Response Sets in WWW and Offline Surveys
Annie Pettit won the David K Hardin award for her "Promises and Perils of SMR," the best paper in AMA's Marketing Research in 2011. Congrats—
Chuck Chakrapani (@CChakrapani) July 27, 2012