Live blogs by @LoveStats of @Conversition. This is a session summary from The Market Research Event by IIR in Orlando, Florida, November 2011. It was posted mere minutes after completion of the talk. Any inaccuracies are my own. Any humorous side remarks are also my own. Feel free to leave comments and critiques.
The Neuroscience of It All
Thomas Snyder, MD PhD, Chairman and Founder,
- Why and what to motivate people to buy our products?
- Decision making is options, prices, promotions which is rational. Add the smartphone to that. There is clutter and noise and bias. This interferes with all decisions.
- Clutter is the environment, including the internet. Noise is the influence. Bias is the kind of day we are having, our moods, and temperaments.
- The market place is motivation overload. For information overload, look at the words. For motivation overload, look at the colours.
- Our methods identify the book we bought, not the book we want to buy.
- Self-report is the core of our methods. it is rational. It lies about true feelings. People acquiesce, or don’t care, or hate it.
- Subconscious mind plays a role in all decisions. We experience conflicting emotions at the same time.
- No way? Way! The LoveStats Book!
- Like A Survey: You already know social media research by Conversition
- Leading Through Transformation, Anne Mulcahy
- Cross Media Marketing by InsightExpress and Disney
- Dude-ology by A&E
- Vendor Freebies: Vote for your favourite!
- Better way to Use Segmentation by YUM!, TNS, and Taco Bell
- Emotional Connection to Food by Scripps, Food Network
- Sesame Street Multi-Platform Study